Saturday, January 14, 2006

Please Allow Me to Introduce You to

Olivia Rose Strachan


My girl, Olivia, aka Munson, or Bibia, as her good little friend Alex lovingly calls her (as in "Bibia, STOP it!" and then ~smack~ and then she starts crying "Ayex hit me!"). Yes, she is my very own Mini Me, yet blonde, for now. Only she's got a whole lot more personality than I had at her age. This kid is NUTS. She's cute, and she knows it, and plays it up VERY well. She will be on stage one day and I wouldn't doubt that she'll end up on TV. She constantly cracks us up, whether she is purposely entertaining us or just saying what's on her mind.
She let her presence be known to us (well, namely me) from day one. I was sick as a dog from about my 8th week of pregnancy until about 2 hours prior to holding her for the first time. I had that gut feeling from the beginning that I was having a girl, though I don't think I ever told anyone until after I had her. I like the surprise factor. And I like that it pisses people off that we don't know the sex of the baby!
She came out with a bang on May 16, 2003 and was absolutely adored by all, especially her big brother. They still have their sweet moments, once in a while. The rest of the time there's a sign on Evan's door that reads "Olivia stay out".

Now Miss O is a very active almost-3-year-old enjoying her Saturday morning ballet classes and looking forward to starting pre-school next Fall. Though she often tells people (including Santa) that she is 5-years-old and goes to "Evan's school"on the school bus.

She gets a kick out of calling me Kelly, unless she wants something and then it's Mommy. She loves books (especially those Little Critters ones), her new Leap-pad, playing with her doll-house, watching Dora, chewing gum, dancing and the colour pink. Oh yeah, and listening to The Killers in the car, unless it's the Monster Mash or the Chipmunks Christmas song. She is bossy, stubborn and determined and thinks she can con Adam into giving her treats all the time. She is Olivia, we all love her to bits though sometimes wish she wouldn't grow up so fast. I'm sure there will be more of her to come on here.

4 comments:

Gingers Mom said...

Wow, Olivia sounds so much like Savannah. She must have a little Ginger in her somewhere. I think boys just come out a little mellower. I can't believe she is almost 3!

Anonymous said...

She and Griffin are so similar it's scary. They must have had some ESP thing going on when we were pregnant!!!!! This morning I had a great wake up call of him jumping on me yelling "Mommy UP" "Mommy UP". I love 2 year olds!

Miss Kelly said...

She just came down here (initially to bug me because she tired of bugging Evan and Claudia) and said "I want to see ME", pointing at the computer. She knows there's pictures of her on here. She's a freakin' diva!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read Evan's. You have to do that next!