Monday, January 16, 2006

Back On the Wagon Again

Yep, that's right - as of today, I'm back at work. What does that mean? It means less blogging and no more checking my email every day. And when it comes to email, I'll probably read the stuff that isn't a "fw" first, then I'll open the picture/movie fwds, and then, eventually, I'll get to the stuff I have to actually read. That's my priority sequencing.
Wow, I only actually had 3 weeks out of work, and believe it or not, it felt like less! Initially, I was kind of hoping to have a mini-vacation in there. Some extra time to do extra little things with the kids and around the house. But, considering I wasn't actively looking for work, I consider myself very lucky. Some people out there have a hard time finding work and don't have the EI cushion that I had. I was quite blessed. And, so far, it looks as though I'm going to enjoy this job. I'm so happy! Exhausted, but happy.
Oh yeah, talk about great start - last night, the eve of my starting this new job, Munson decides that (after a long afternoon at Crash Crawleys) she's too tired to eat dinner so goes to bed at around 6:30. Then, after waking a couple times due to a nightmare and then her head hurting (?), she pukes up an entire day's worth of food. So, I put her in my bed so I can keep watch on her during the night and she doesn't wake Claudia up (since they share a room and bunk bed) and even though she isn't sick at all the rest of the night, do you think I got any sleep? Hell no!
I am now tired, starving, and want to veg in front of the tube after the monkey's are in bed. Which will be 8:00 sharp! ~sigh~ And so it begins....

That was me working at Family Insurance, I think early 2003. I was pregnant with Olivia in that picture - you can sort of tell. I got the "glow" (ie: oily, shiny skin - ew!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelly. That's good news (well, the job is, but the future of your blog is kind of a bummer!) So, do you dig it? The new job, I mean.

Anonymous said...

I still think I deserve a finder’s fee. Say hi to Tessa for me and I hope it all works out for you there, even though you are my compition.

Gingers Mom said...

Congratualtions on the new job. I am weepingat the thought your blog may not be my daily entertainment. I hope you have a great time at your new job.

Miss Kelly said...

Piera - I'm SO not afraid of you. You know why? It's COM-PE-TIT-ION. hehe.
The job is really overwhelming so far, but the people I am really liking. They've been so nice to me, they're a fun bunch and I've already been invited to lunch and then another girl asked me to walk with her to the train today. Yay!

Gingers Mom said...

Wow, it's just like being the new kid in school. Don't be too hurt if people start throwing spit balls at you and yell Kelly-is-Smelly. I mean, that is what I would do.