Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Cohorts

I thought it was time I introduce my co-writers. My partners in crime are Juneau (bigger guy) and Dante.

Mostly it's just Dante - he's decided that now that I'm his stay-at-home mom that he should constantly follow me everywhere. And when I sneak off downstairs to the office to do stuff on the computer, he somehow sniffs me out and must climb all over me, chase my fingers on the keyboard (I type fast) and basically just piss me off. You should see the little scratches on my neck from him attacking my hair while I sit here! My camera is usually down here too but when I try to take pictures of him "helping" me at the computer, he moves so fast it turns out blurry. And, although I haven't seen her since the day she was a adopted, I hear his sister Kemah is just as bad, if not worse. My good friend Carly and I adopted the kittens the same day - her's wasn't a planned thing, she was just coming along for the ride. But who can say no to a cute little kitty?
To make a long story short, when we adopted Juneau back in August we had a beautiful Boxer named Kaine. They quickly became best buds but then Kaine sadly passed away in October and Juneau became extremely lonely. So, we adopted Dante to fill the void for Juneau. And now, Juneau is Dante's surrogate mom. Seriously. They play and cuddle and sleep together and Dante even falls asleep suckling on Juneau's little nipple. Never mind that Juneau is MALE. Adam thinks it's disgusting but I think it's sweet.
So, now you know my kitties and you'll have some clue as to who I am rambling on about here. (If you didn't already know).
Oh yeah, and stay tuned: I'm working on my very first Top 10 list. As I've learned from Carly, I now carry in my purse a little pad of paper and a pen so I can write things down as they come to me. So fun!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait!

That's a cute photo of those guys. I thik Kemah may be catching up to Dante in teh size department. She's getting pretty big now.

Anonymous said...

Ok that's just too cute. Keep up the great work on the blog.

Anonymous said...

I almost peed my pants when I read about the nipple sucking. Perhaps when my baby is born I can make the suggestion to Dan. It's not just for women anymore.

Anonymous said...

Fuck I can't type.

Just for the record, I'm with Adam. I think the nipple thing is disgusting too.

Miss Kelly said...

Oh my god, Carly made a SPELLING error? No, not just one - TWO!
Kristin - tell Dan to NEVER feel ashamed about it. Just make sure you get a picture and post it, kay? By the way, you should meet Carly.
Carly: want a doula job in San Diego?

Anonymous said...

Carly made a typing error because Carly types faster than she should making her even more innaccurate than usual.

And I'm in for a doula gig in San Diego. In return, I expect to be hooked up with some cute young thing in a uniform. Have we got a deal or what?

Gingers Mom said...

Well there definitely is a fair share of young hot things in uniform. Maybe I'll have Dan schedule a lineup and you can take your pick. It'll be fun. We can rate them 1-10 and ogle their body parts while yelling out sexist obscenities.

Anonymous said...

Kristin... you're my kind of girl!

Bex said...

Okay, Kel, Carly told me about the nipple sucking thing and I was grossed out too! EW!

Anonymous said...

i was right! i was right!! Disturbing!!!

Miss Kelly said...

Anonymous must be Adam....I have a picture (somewhere) of the nipple-sucking in action. I'll post it as soon as I get it on the computer. Then you can all see for yourselves.

Anonymous said...

Seriously. Please don't.