Friday, April 07, 2006

This Has Got to Stop

For the second time in a matter of 3 months I've worn something new to work and in the bathoom decided to scratch that itchy spot that's been annoying me all day and lo and behold - there's the price tag!
Now, here's my excuse: both times they were items that I had purchased months prior and just never worn and both times I got dressed in the dark bedroom so as not to disturb sleeping beauty who doesn't need to get up as early as me. And both times the tag was hidden beneath either a sweater or, as it just so happened today, UNDER the item of clothing, against the skin. (A skirt that I apparently purchased for less than half-price - yay for me!)
I guess I've now learned that I need to check these things prior to leaving the house. And, as none of my readers are co-workers, I have most likely escaped any teasing. At least at the workplace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so SMRT!!!!

Gingers Mom said...

How do you wait that long to wear something new you bought? I LOVE wearing my new clothes. Serves you right for not loving them enough.... :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I tear all the tags off right away and wear all my new clothes on consecutive days until I have to go back to old clothes!

Miss Kelly said...

I usually wear new clothes right away too, but it's a skirt that I bought in the Winter and is very thin material and more of a spring thing so I was waiting until the weather got warmer. It's not a skirt you can wear with tights underneath! (hence the savings of $45 - I buy things AFTER they're in style!)