Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lavalife Baggage

As some of you know, I met Adam on lavalife.com. I know a lot of people that would never do a thing like that, but it was something that started out as a trial, turned into some fun and I just happened to meet a really wonderful person on there out of pure luck.
We met in January of 2005 and it was great from the beginning. He lived in Vancouver, and I lived about 45 minutes away in Coquitlam. By May, we had decided enough was enough - dragging our children back and forth constantly just to spend some time together was getting pretty hectic, and at each of our places we had just enough space for ourselves and not enough for the "extended" family portion. So, we moved in together June 2005.
Back to the lavalife story - when we met and decided that our relationship was going to be a real relationship, we both went onto the website and removed our profiles, that was the end. If either of us had stayed on that website, it would've just shown that we weren't ready for a relationship and were obviously still looking. So that was the end of it all. Lavalife was history to both of us.
Fast-forward to 3 days ago when I get an email from someone I don't recognize. I'm aiming to delete it, thinking it's junk, and see the subject line: Are you seeing my boyfriend?
As Carly would say: WTF?
Curiousity gets the best of me and I open the email to read: "Just wondering. Found your email address and a phone number I don't recognize.".
I could've ignored it, dropped it, left it alone. But no, I don't. I reply "No, I'm not - I've been with the same guy for over a year and we've been living together since last summer". But now, what I really want to know is: How did MY email address turn up NOW? I haven't had anyone contact me in ages. WTF??
Anyways, had to share it. I thought it was interesting. Poor girl...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is bizarre. Who the hell does something like that? Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure I'd be confronting the party that I know, not the random name I found. And as if you're even going to get the truth including the term "my boyfriend". The guys doesn't have an actual name? WTF?

Gingers Mom said...

WTF?????

Miss Kelly said...

No kidding - I should've replied "Yeah, I was all over him last night, bitch!"

Anonymous said...

You should have replied "No, you're seeing mine"

Anonymous said...

You didn't ask Adam why his girlfriend was emailing you?

Bex said...

Girls who do stuff like that are losers. I'd be on the "boyfriend" before I'd be emailing complete strangers. What an idiot!

Anonymous said...

You hear anymore from this freak? I need a follow up.