Monday, April 17, 2006

Random Thoughts

I keep meaning to post but it's being outweighed by the fact that I have 2 Insurance text books to read (so exciting) and we've been so busy with the kids lately I either (a) get no time to sneak off to the computer or (b) I've been so tired by the time we scoot them off to bed all I can do is lay on the couch and watch the tube. So here is some random crap to keep you enthused for the time being:
- We watched A History of Violence last weekend. Interesting. It was good, not as great as I initially thought it would be. And I've never seen a 69(er?) acted out in a movie before! Just for that fact I probably won't be lending this movie to my mom & dad. Unless they ask. Then I'll just have to warn them.
- I finally found the USB cord for my camera and am able to upload pictures again!
- Adam and I took a little weekend excursion to Seattle two weeks ago (or 3 now?).

We had a great time, but man, what a confusing city! It's ok when you're on foot, but it is a city of one-way streets so when you have a place you want to get to, and you're driving around, it is so difficult to find a street that goes the right way. And to top it off, we grabbed one of those tourist maps that shows you the downtown hotels and shopping districts etc. but the streets on the map are not accurate so Adam and I had a few Amazing Race moments there where it appeared I didn't know how to read a map but really, the map was wrong. There were some tense moments, but we made it through with only one semi-big fight and next time, we're buying a real street map. Anyways, it was a good weekend, we ate so much seafood and shopped 'til we dropped.


- Speaking of Amazing Race - as you may have noticed, I didn't give an update on last week's episode. That's because they changed it to Wednesday nights from Tuesdays and guess what night of the week I'm at school? Frickin' bastards changing the day on me. I almost thought about switching to the other night that the course is offered, but it's further away and I'd never make it in time.
- Does this look like a nipple to you? (Bottom left corner)
Apparently, it's an ear, but I thought it looked a little dirtier than that. I suppose Adam is smarter than to give a cat a bath without a shirt on...he was actually hoping there'd be more of a struggle but it wasn't too bad. Dante gave me a good slice last time I bathed him. (Although I'm sure you can see that little death-grip Adam has on the scruff of his neck - I guess that helps too). Juneau, on the other hand, actually likes his bath. He'll just wander around the tub, checking things out. And he absolutely loves being wrapped up in a towel and cuddled after. It takes all the joy out of trying to torture your cat with bathtime. Oh yeah, and speaking of nipples, here's a picture of what Dante used to do to Juneau (I say used to - they don't do it anymore. At least not that I've noticed). Yes, that's Dante (male) suckling on Juneau's (also male) teat. Looks rude. My blog is getting dirty tonight!

Those are my ramblings for today. I'm going to wrap it up because my brain has pretty much turned to mush at this point and Supernanny is on. I must go see how much worse other's kids are than mine - I get great joy out of it.

(BTW - I'm so very proud of my Space Needle picture - I think it's quite cool and when I figure out my photoshop crap I'm going to make it black & white and probably print it for the office)

And one last goofy picture of Munson...wearing her hat to cover up her Munson-hair.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hated History... and have always found Seattle to be very easy to navigate so I'm shocked you had two opposite opinions about those things than I have. I guess we're no longer sharing the same brain. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Anonymous said...

Oh and that Dante stuff is still creepy. Creep-y. And Kemah loves the bath. She jumps in all the time to wade around as the water drains. Sometimes she jumps in when it's full, but she hates to be wrapped in a towel afterwards. She squawks and squawks and squawks about it. And Grady? I'd never even attempt it. After she effed SJ all up, I'm not attempting anything with her, she's on her own. I forgot to say all this in my last comment.

Miss Kelly said...

Seattle is easy to navigate if you're walking. But driving? You need a map. A real map!

Anonymous said...

I thought of that. I'm always the navigator so I have to read the maps, but I'm pretty good at oriented myself too. I did take note that you mentioned that it's specifically hard to drive in so I double and triple checked with Clay & Bex before I said anything.

All this talk got me thinking... Portland's the same way, all one way streets, but Clay and I can't remember is SF is the same. Is that a West Coast thing? I'm thinking it's more an American thing. Maybe we ought to take to the road to research this. ; )

Anonymous said...

If that's an ear then I'm guessing the round smooth pink thing is a chrome dome...don't ya think Adam shaving his head is worthy of discussing in your blog? Reason? Charity or Canucks support? I hope it's the former because the latter would be a big let down!

Anonymous said...

It's a cheek and chin, isn't it???

Miss Kelly said...

I honestly have no idea. Adam is the one that said it's his ear. And no, he would never shave his head. He wanted to grow a mullet after New Year's but I wouldn't want to be seen with him if he did. Especially when he's buying his cheapo beer. Lucky Lager Lover.

Anonymous said...

i would be doing an exorcist thing if that were the top of my head.....