Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Beginning


Last night we had some people over and there was some discussion somewhere that I sort of caught bits and pieces of - you know how it is when there's 4 different conversations going on around you. I totally can't recall it right now, or even who it was, but it was something to do with a first date, or where a couple had met. I think someone even asked me where Adam and I met.
For those of you who don't know, it was on-line. It was on Lavalife.com, to be exact. But our first date (not a real date, but our first time meeting in person) was at Crash Crawlys. With all the kids, of course. AND (how sappy is this?) I still have the pre-meeting email.

From: "Adam Read"
To: <cheetahbc@msn.com
Subject: Hi
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:14:29

Hi Kelly,
Are you off work today? Claudia and i were thinking of going to Crash Crawly's today........Maybe you are in?

Adam

So I took a chance (yes, I was off work - it was the Monday following New Year's Day) and, much to Evan's delight (Olivia was too little to get excited about the place yet) replied that I would be there.
We had only started chatting on-line 2 days prior but I figured with an eight-year-old daughter and in such a public place, what have I got to lose? It was actually a lot easier and more comfortable than sitting face-to-face in a restaurant or Starbucks.
I think it was about two weeks later that I took Adam to my cousin's wedding and he met about 50% of my relatives. And about 6 months later we were moving in together. I love everything about this guy - he's handsome, fun, hilarious, sensitive, hard-working, a great cook (and yes, he does most of the cooking in our house) and a quirky enough to sometimes make me feel just a tad bit less crazy.
So yes, you can meet the right person on-line. It's definitely not for everyone, but it was fun for me (I met some really cool people, some complete assholes and some real freaks, not always in person but funny enough just on the website). And no, nothing really worthwhile to blog about....just Adam.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...

Gingers Mom said...

That is sweet. You guys look adorable together. One of these days I'll have to haul myself up there and meet him. If only these kids would stop grabbing my leg when I try to leave...

Mz.Elle said...

Awww,I think that's so sweet:)

I met my hubby while waitresing at Bino's,lol

Miss Kelly said...

Thanks you guys.
Kristin: Yes, you haul yourself up here. And bring the brood - I want to meet them! Adam and Dan can have playdates.

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that if I wasn't so blissfully happily married to your brother I would try and steal Adam from you!!! You know we are secret lovers right? Hahahahaha Trav and I have loved Adam from the start, I'm glad things are great for the two of you! I do need more nieces and nephews though.........

Anonymous said...

That's cute.

And he sur did look good in his white shirt the other night!

Miss Kelly said...

He'th my thexy man!

Bex said...

Great post Kelly! I feel like I know him a little better. Almost brings a tear to my eye!