Monday, August 21, 2006

Great Big Ball of Fun

Since Carly-Ann did this wonderful feature of my blog in her's, I decided I should post something today. Only I really have nothing interesting going on right now to post. I just ate lunch. At my desk. Again. Because it's so freaking busy. My message to all the People out there: Stop flooding your houses. Please. So I can go back to "lunching" with people for 2 hours and ending my days at 3:00.
No one is coming into my office right now because I ate my favourite sandwich: egg salad with little chopped up onion. Mmm. Adam calls them fart sandwiches for obvious reasons. Even when I'm mixing the egg in the kitchen at home, he'll come in and say "Did you fart in here? Why didn't you warn me?". Then he sees what I'm making and says "Ohhh...fart sandwiches. Ok".
Back to my day at work - the most interesting thing that has happened to me today is that they placed Thriller on the radio this morning so I cranked up the volume and danced for about 20 seconds. A co-worker walked by and commented "Every time I come in here, you're listening to 80's music". That was it. Nothing on my funky moves. Hmph.
As for my home life, the most interesting thing happening there is that I just spent a weekend with no kids and Adam and I did nothing all weekend. We went for a hour-and-a-half long bike ride on Friday night, we both worked on Saturday and Sunday we stayed in and watched golf during the day, a movie and some NFL at night (Seahawks won...but it's only pre-season).
We have a houseguest for a week - Adam's friend's dog, Molly. She's an older golden lab, really sweet, loves to play catch and is deathly afraid of cats. It's hilarious. My cats are so curious so they follow her around and end up cornering her in different areas of the house because she's too afraid to go past them. It's quite sad. Oh, and she's deaf. So when you're outside with her you basically have to jump up and down waving to get her attention. It's a little difficult but she's such a great dog and follows us around so much that we don't really need to call her over. And if you point, she's knows where to go. She's been with us for one night and I already don't want to give her back. If I wasn't at work right now, I'd take a picture of her for the post but you guys'll just have to wait.
I know...it's nothing too interesting. It does get better, really. Gotta run - my message light is blinking on my phone and it keeps catching my eye and distracting me. I guess I should do some work so I can leave in 3 hours. Unless I think up some excuse to leave early for something work-related. I'll let you know what I come up with!

3 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

Awww,Molly sounds so sweet!

Bex said...

"Fart sandwiches?" OMG!! Aaron makes fun of me for loving egg salad sandwiches too...he can smell it when he comes in and gets all disgusted and won't come in the kitchen until I air it out!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she follows you around because she can't hear you. Have you taken a photo of her? I want to see her because I'm with Lael, she sounds really sweet and, as I noted in the comments on my blog, I'm totally immersed in unhealthy dog envy right now.