Friday, May 26, 2006

You Asked

Further to Carly's comment about my inability to update this blog (shit, I hadn't even checked emails in 4 days!), here's my response.

#3) (Coles notes version)
Once upon a time, there were these two friends. Kind of like Thelma and Louise. No, more like female versions of Matt & Ben.
One of them decides that she's going to go into the office and catch up on a little work on Saturday morning. The other had just met some cool guy from Whistler and he was in town with his friends for the day and she wanted to hook up with them so she was going to catch a ride into the city with her friend and then they'd catch up together later.
So, uh, for the story let's just call the first one Kelly, heads out Saturday morning and picks up uh, oh, let's just call the second one Carly, at 9am as planned.
The two are driving down the empty highway and Carly, for some unknown reason, pulls out a mickey of Tequila from her bag and suggests a drink. She may have been half-joking, I don't know. Kelly, half-seriously, says "Hey, I have a glass!" and proceeds to dump the change out of the glass that somehow left the bar with her one evening and was just sitting in the cup holder.
By 9:30am, there's an empty bottle of tequila on the floor, Kelly's day of playing catch-up at work is completely shot and if the liquor store had been open that early in the morning, the two of them would've been completely incoherent before noon.

The End.

*This story based on actual real-life events. Names have not been changed because neither one of these girls is innocent so there's no reason to protect anyone.

#2)
Does anyone reading this know who my favourite band EVER is? (Carly, you're not allowed to answer until other's have had a chance)

#1)
Carly is fascinated that I have an assistant. She's not a PERSONAL assistant, she's just supposed to do a lot of the clerical stuff for me when I'm on the road. Either way, Carly appears quite amused by this fact. So Carly, I'm handing the podium over to you now. List 10 things that you would like to make my assistant do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! I'm going to work on this while I'm on the road this weekend.

Her favourite band is lame, if that helps anyone.

And Kel, you got the tequila story a little bit wrong...
-I'm not disputing it, but I have no recollection of you working that day. As I recall, you were coming to meet that guy, Lee.
-I didn't just "pull out" the bottle of tequila, you asked me to go back in the house to get it so don't feign innocence on this one.

If you're sticking with the Matt & Ben story, I'm totally Matt and your wife is extremely annoying.

Well done.

Anonymous said...

Is it Collective Soul?

Miss Kelly said...

Shut up A. You know it isn't. And my favourite band is SO NOT LAME.

Carly - I originally was supposed to work and remember changing my mind somewhere along the way. Perhaps it was your mention of guy named Lee?
Sorry about the other mixups - I have a horrible memory!

Miss Kelly said...

Oh yeah - and wasn't it Valentine's Day???

Anonymous said...

Nope. The day before.

By the way, I'll respond to your email later. Just got in. Exhausted.

Anonymous said...

Can I have your assistant come here for a bit, she needs to pull a few heads out of other peoples A$$es.

Anonymous said...

Good one, Piera. She's going to be a very busy girl.