Sunday, May 21, 2006

Munson Turns 3

You know how they always say you spend a fortune buying kids wonderful presents for their birthdays or Christmas and then after, you wonder why you spent so much on them because they end up spending more time playing with the box?
Not Munson.

She prefers the bubble wrap.

She does, however, really like her gifts as well:

Like her new Nemo fish tank. It's the cutest thing! We had bought one for her cousin for Christmas and when we went to their house on Boxing Day, she had it all set up and Olivia fell in love with it. So I bought her one a week later. But being the mean mom that I am, I waited until May to give it to her on her birthday. I refuse to buy my kids stuff during the year (except necessities, of course), but I have a closet full of stuff that I've bought them and wait until their birthdays to give to them. And now I also have a secret drawer.

Back to Munson - when my dad asked her what she got for her birthday, she told him "Cake". The kid LOVES cake. Today is the birthday party at my brother's house and on the way, we'll be picking up the Strawberry Shortcake decorated-birthday cake from Safeway.

Here's her other favourite present (and should I be worried about skankdom?):

Her new bikini and her new flip-flops. We bought them yesterday and as soon as we left the store, she sat outside and took off her running shoes and socks and asked me to cut the tag on her new "slip-flops" so she could wear them right away. At least the bikini she waited until she got home.

I figure I can wait until September to refer to her as my pre-schooler rather than my toddler. ~sigh~

Munson is growing up so fast...

1 comment:

Gingers Mom said...

3 years old! How did that happen?? I wouldn't worry about skandom. At least she WEARS clothes! She looks adorable. I've jsut started calling Sav a preschooler. :( It's sad when they grow up.