Thursday, March 23, 2006

Only Once

I don't even know why this came to me right now - I'm sitting in my freezing cold office, eating my tuna macaroni salad that Adam made for me, reading blogs and then I just decided to post a new one myself. And for some strange reason, this came to me. It's an embarrassing moment in my life. I don't get embarrassed easily, and to be honest I wasn't embarrassed at the time. But, it's a good story (if I can tell it right) and I feel like sharing.
It was over 8 years ago, before I had any kids. I was working downtown and taking the commuter train in every day while my boyfriend at the time took my car to work and was supposed to drop me off and pick me up. It had been a long, drizzly day and I was grateful to be getting home. I got off the train and lo and behold, the prick wasn't there (which was normal at the time because he was never a reliable guy, much the same now). So, as we had agreed every other time he was late, instead of me waiting outside in the cold and rain, I would walk the two blocks to the nearest Starbucks and wait there. At least I could sit with a coffee and read the paper. So I did. When I got there, though, I was dying to go pee. I had this fear of using the washroom on the commuter train because it rocked so much I was scared the door would slide open while you're using the facility.
Keep in mind, also, that this was about 9 years ago. I had on these pants that zipped up the back, and had these sort of suspenders attached to them. It's not as bad as you're picturing right now - they were all black dress pants and I actually was skinny enough back then to wear the suspenders under a tight sweater and you can't see the lines. Oh yeah, AND it was "that time of the month". So, I went in the bathroom, did my thing, came out and got in line to order my coffee. As I'm ordering, these two construction workers in their mid to late 30's are standing behind me. One of them suddenly taps on my shoulder "Um, miss - your zipper is open". It takes me a second to realize that it's the zipper that goes right down my back and my ass and my pants are gaping open and they're staring right at it! I just say "thanks"as chipper as I possibly can and zip it up. And he says "That's ok, we don't mind". THEN he says "and I like your tattoo".
I'm telling you - things like this can only happen to me. And ONLY ONCE. Besides, I don't think I own anything that zips in the back anymore anyways.

3 comments:

Gingers Mom said...

That is hysterical! Were you wearing a thong? Oh well, at least you were young and had a tight ass still - what am I saying? I've seen pictures of you in a bikini resently. Bite me.

Sorry my hormones got a hold of me.

Gingers Mom said...

That is hysterical! Were you wearing a thong? Oh well, at least you were young and had a tight ass still - what am I saying? I've seen pictures of you in a bikini resently. Bite me.

Sorry my hormones got a hold of me.

Miss Kelly said...

No worries - there are more where that came from. Potentially embarrassing things happen to me all the time. And yes, good thing it was when I was young and had a tight little ass. Wait til you hear about my wardrobe malfunction last summer...