Friday, March 24, 2006

Embarrassing Story #2: Kelly's Wardrobe Malfunction

I'll get straight to the point on this one - I exposed my breast in public.
To make a long story short, I met my girlfriend Tricia at the beach one hot summer day after work. We'd been trying to plan to meet for two weeks and finally were able to pull it off. We actually meet passed the road to the beach and you can take a trail to a wharf that goes across the lake (yes, lake - not ocean) and jump off that. There seems to be a lot more 20-somethings at this part of the lake.
So we meet and I have my bikini on under my shorts & t-shirt. We walk to the wharf and there's a few of her boyfriend's friends there (who are also, I should mention, all friends of both my older brothers as well). We lay out our towels and I take off my shorts and my t-shirt and then OOPS, there's a boob! In front of EVERYONE. I quickly shove the weight back into my bikini top and pretend it didn't happen. Tricia is just staring at me, wide-eyed. So we sit for a bit, in an uncomfortable silence. I slowly regain some composure and Tricia and I decide to jump in. She says to me, once we're alone in the water "Oh my God, your BOOB just popped out?" (or something along the lines of that). My answer: a nonchalant "Yeah, I guess it did. Oh well". It would be a little different if I didn't have two kids and friggin breastfeed and completely deflate afterward. Aaaargh!
From now on, I wear a one-piece.

2 comments:

Gingers Mom said...

I love it! If I had a nickel for every time I have exposed my breast to someone.... It's extra fun though if it isn't when you are breastfeeding. At least the boys loved it I am sure. Was this recently? Glad to see you blogging!

Miss Kelly said...

Yeah, it was last summer.