Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sergeant

This post is loooong overdue...

The day was July 8, 1998. It was blistering hot. There was a full moon that evening. And a sweet baby boy was born. He had dark brown hair, bright blue eyes and he could raise one eyebrow as if he was deep in thought. Yes, my little man Evan decided to finally join us. After a bit of prodding (labour was induced, water was broken with a knitting-needle) and about 12 blissful hours of labour (momma was just so glad it was almost over) he came out into this bright world with a good wail and looking like a full-blown WOP. Seriously, I wanted to name him Marco. His dark hair was parted on the side like he had just combed it and he looked like he'd been in Mexico for two weeks, his skin was so dark.
Now, this 7 1/2-year-old is still as sweet as ever and that dimple of his I know is gonna melt a lot of hearts. It already does!

Evan has his share of nick-names like his sister Munson. I think Adam has made them all up. One is Big Shooter. The other? Sergeant Stroker. Because apparently he's been caught "standing at attention" a couple times. So he's a boy? What boy hasn't?? Anyways, the Sarge has apparently stuck and since Evan doesn't really know the origin of this name, he actually thinks it's pretty cool.
He's a smart little guy - he loves to read, watch movies, listen to music, play lego and anything to do with Star Wars. He honestly thinks he's a Jedi. He's a great listener - the grandparents love him because he'll just sit there and listen to EVERYTHING you have to say. And he's genuinely interested.
Little Casanova has more girl-friends than guy friends, which I find strange but what can you do. I asked him who he wants to have at his birthday party this year and this is what he told me: Sidney, Teyla, Cara, Mariam, Alyssa, Claudia (of course) and CARLY. ???? Whatever. Even his grade 1 teacher still pines over him! His class this year is right next door to her and she still gets visits from her "boy" (as she lovingly still calls him) for hugs and hellos at least twice a week.
All in all, Evan's a good guy. He's had his ups and downs and being a sensitive little guy, he's got a pretty hard shell on him.
So here he is, the Sarge - I'm stuck on what else to add about him since I'm being a little hassled on this so this'll be it for now.
Adieu

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, I love that guy. And I am so gonna rock that party! Move over ladies...

Big Shooter??? Now I know it's meant to be!

Gingers Mom said...

yeah, you are back!! He is so handsome! I can't believe he is 7 1/2 now. I feel old.

Miss Kelly said...

Next up...Claudia!

Gingers Mom said...

Just keep blogging, I love it. I'd like to learn more about the man too....

Bex said...

He looks like a sweet kid. Devon thinks he's a Jedi too. Then when you consider Camryn and Olivia, our kids sound totally similar!