Sunday, February 18, 2007

Good Times

I've been overhearing some snide remarks made about not having posted about this yet and I can just hear QC sighing "It's about eff'n time" right now.

Just over a week ago, my beautiful BFF put together an (exactly one month overdue) amazing little Girls Night Out 30'th Birthday Bash for your's truly. Unfortunately, I'm not the best with the camera-duty so you can view most of the pictures here.

We started out with Piera picking me up (though I was chauffer for the drive down because apparently I'm a faster driver? Whatever, I'm not legally blind in one eye). The first stop: Bloom Essentials for some pampering. Though I have to say, I almost forgot about receiving a luxurious massage when I heard a voice that I hadn't heard in almost 3 years. I think I just about screamed when I saw that beautiful smile of Siobhan's - what a wonderful surprise! I managed to get in a quick embrace before I was whisked off for my sooooo relaxing and much required 45-minute-long massage. Aaaahhh...it was wonderful. Courtney had her massage once mine was complete and she had that exact same look on her face when she walked out as I did. Meanwhile, Siobhan, Julie and Bex had pedicures and some gorgeous-looking toes after and our girl Carly had her very first manicure. I was going to post a photo of her Vixen-like nails on here but I think I'm going to save it for some future usage.

After the pampering and some wine and goodies we moved on to dinner and martini's at Delilah's. The food was fabulous and the drinks definitely lived up to our expectations. It was there that my wonderfully patient friends got me to open my gifts - hand lotions from Courtney and Bex (is that an age thing? I need to moisturize more now?), an intriguing-looking book from Bex (I can't wait for my mid-term to be done so I can sneak some time in to read it), a Starbucks gift card from Shivvy (that girl knows my weakness for vanilla lattes), an adorable little pink dish and some cool trinkets from Carly (who had also previously given me an uber-cool "Class of '77" t-shirt) and the kicker from Julie:

First, I opened the card that read: Now that you are youth-impaired, I got you a few essentials. I hope Adam is ready for you transformation now that you'll be sitting on the couch in your granny panties with rollers in your hair, mask on your face & eyes, drinking your precious Tassimo coffee.

In the bag was one of those gel eye masks that you keep in the fridge (great for hangovers!), a clay mask for the face, a package of hair-rollers, a pack of capuccino for the Tassimo and my very first pair of granny panties.
How awesome is she?

Now, I know I'm supposed to have Adam take a picture of me all decked out like she said on her card and, believe me, it will happen. But for now, since she seems to be so enthralled with all the goodies that I brought home after that night, you'll have to settle for mini-me:
We actually had a fun time putting them all in her hair. Then afterward she wanted me to try to paint ladybugs on her toes but we had to settle for polka dots since I'm not the most artistic (especially with a nail polish brush on the teeniest of toenails).


All in all, I had a fabulous birthday and will definitely remember this one forever. Thanks to everyone that made it as wonderful as it was (even the out-of-towner that couldn't attend in person but she was definitely there in spirit!)

4 comments:

QueenieCarly said...

Happy birthday again Kelly! (Don't let it ever stop!) I'm glad you enjoyed your party, it really was a fun night! That photo is totally blackmail material, but I'll probably post it first.

And, by the way, you weren't OVERhearing it, you were HEARING it. I was not trying to be subtle. But, in my defense, I was only Courtney's puppet. It was she who really wanted to hear your take on it.

Thanks for posting, regardless. I like this regular update thing you've got going on!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, it's about eff'n time. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Puppet schmuppet. Why am I always blamed for everything, anyway?

I'm glad you had a great birthday and I had a great time, too! The massage... ahhhhh... divine.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL your daughter is too funny! Seriously though...have you tried on the granny panties? I swear they are super comfortable and no panty lines! Better than a thong! Truly!

Gingers Mom said...

I'm glad you had a big, fun, birthday bash. I'm just jealous I wasn't there.
Oh, your first pair of granny panties. Welcome to the club. Dan wished I would disband the club at our house...