Thursday, December 14, 2006

Loud & Proud

Last night, I braved the local mall and took my kids to see Santa. I went right after work - didn't even go home to put on comfy jeans or grab a bite to eat. It actually wasn't bad when we got there. I guess most people go home to put on comfy jeans and grab a bite to eat before they hit the mall.

So we wait in line about 30-45 minutes, they chat with the big guy, get a picture, grab their candy canes and we hit the food court for some crappy mall food (for the kids - I opted out. Just smelling Evan's hot dog made me lose my appetite). Then I dropped them off at their dad's (it was his night) and finally got to go home and put on my pajamas.

I flop on the couch, flick on the TV to veg out for a bit and relax when Adam comes upstairs, big smile on his face. When I got home he had been on the computer and I could hear him clicking away so I knew he was playing poker. Apparently he won a tournament so he was all proud. But, he was even more proud of this:

He basically came home from work (early) and polished off ALL the beer in the house. For no reason - just because.

And he was so proud that he actually wrote on that little piece of paper: I DRANK THESE!

December 13th. And he signed it. Yes, he signed and dated it!

Wow - what a man. Needless to say he passed out on the chair upstairs watching Die Hard with me.

Ugh.

No comments: