Wednesday, December 06, 2006

33 Shopping Days...

Yes, I realize it's less than that 'til Christmas. That's actually the countdown to ~gulp~ my BIG 3-0. It sucks. I'm soooo not looking forward to this one. I really REALLY am not ready to say goodbye to my 20's. I mean, I can't even keep a job at one place for more than a year...

That's right - I've changed jobs. Again. I'm back to commuting downtown, working in an office all day, in a cubicle (ick!). No more coming and going as I please. No more fabulous lunches, wining and dining. No more golf tournaments! Well, I guess the odd one, but not like how it was at the last place where I got paid to schmooze. But, now I go home to my family every night at 4:30 (except for when I have class - which I need to continue doing, unfortunately), leaving the work on my desk where it will be the next day.

On the bright side, my new job, although I'm very busy, I am WAY less stressed. Other than the studying I had to do last week for my final, I have felt great. And the commute? Well, I'm back on the train, so I just sit there and either gaze out the window, read or chat with P if we catch it together. It's great! So relaxing. And one thing I've noticed is that I haven't put gas in my car for 12 days. That's a new record - I usually filled up once every five or six, depending on how many claims I went out on that week.

What does all this mean? Really, what's in it for you? Perhaps something or someone I observe during my commute (oh god, this one woman's hair!). Or perhaps more embarrassing stories (certain things can only happen to me). Or, perhaps, I'll just have all this spare time, to sit, and think...you'll have to wait and see.

Not only that, but I believe I have a one year anniversary coming up.

4 comments:

Gingers Mom said...

Wow...it must suck to be that old. I am glad that my big 3-0 is still far far FAR away.
I didn't realize you were thinking of changing jobs. Is it with the same company?

Anonymous said...

33 days and I haven't even heard of any plans yet. WTF?

Miss Kelly said...

Yeah, I'm getting tired of dropping hints. Let's start planning!

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you'd like to do and I'll make it happen.