Thursday, November 23, 2006

32 Days...

Thanks Kris...I've been absent for too long!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nogg - it's the only time I drink rum!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Depends on the size....bikes can't get wrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Coloured on both.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put up your decorations? I usually start the first week of December, although I'll put out WINTER decorations (some candles and stuff that aren't necessarily Christmas-themed but are Winter, and I'll keep them out until February)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? We don't really make a special dish.....but I do love stuffing!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The time my mom ran out to buy extra bulbs for the lights on the house to replace the odd few that had burnt out. She didn't notice that she had bought blinkers (it was a new concept back then) and my dad went up and replaced the burnt out ones and couldn't figure out why these one's weren't working either. We were getting all frustrated watching, then suddenly they'd blink on and off again. But they were all in random spots on the house - it just looked so funny! We laughed our asses off.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember - I think I was in denial for a long time though.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It depends - last year, we didn't have the kids on Christmas Eve, so Adam and I opened our gifts to each other. This year though, we'll wait.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? Mostly breakable and expensive stuff that I buy AFTER Christmas every year when it's all 75% off. I'm sure my cats will have fun breaking my shit.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. But its rare that we get it on Christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I dunno....last year I got an awesome push-up bra.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Having the family together, definitely.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Italian Christmas cake (I can't spell it); gingerbread cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When we were kids, my brothers and I used to go downstairs and sit around the tree and just talk and look at all the lights and decorations.

17. What tops your tree? A star, I think

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love watching people open the gifts I give them

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sleigh ride

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? yummy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that gave me a great idea for a fun time...we have to take Kelly ice skating! It would be so much fun! Add a couple of drinks in there, I'll bring my camera!

Miss Kelly said...

Wait til I settle with ICBC. You don't want their spies to see me doing crazy stuff like ice skating!

Anonymous said...

Italian Christmas cake,it's called Panetone. I think that's the one you're talking about????

Miss Kelly said...

No - it's one that my mom and aunt's make every year. Its a family recipe. Yum...

Gingers Mom said...

A push up bra for Christmas? I love it. I need something to strap these puppies in and up. Too bad Dan would rather die then step into a store and actually purchase something like that. Hee hee.
Here's to great knockers!!

Miss Kelly said...

I actually got matching panties and garter as well...but the bra is my favourite.