Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Eat, Drink and Be Scary

(Taken from a sign I saw on a diner window in New Westminster)

Hallowe'en is coming...and I'm so not in the mood. I don't know what's wrong with me - I usually ~LOVE~ Hallowe'en. I decorate. I dress up. I go nuts. This year, I took out all my candles and indoor decorations but have yet to put out my lights and gravestones and light-up bones and my new sign that reads "MORGUE".
What is up with me?
First off, it's Dum-Dum's turn to take the kids out, so I won't even see them that night. Secondly, I am on call that whole week and I have a feeling I'll be hearing the pager go off on Hallowe'en. Third, I haven't received any party invites so no reason to get a costume for myself.
I just feel so ho-hum about it this year; it's weird.
Is anyone else feeling this?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it seems like you've explained the reasons why you're not excited...seems pretty understandable. Don't know how to help you!

Anonymous said...

But... you were going shopping the other day... you sounded so excited... you should have stopped at Target on your way back from the 'Hawks game and picked up a Hallowe'en t-shirt to wear. Want to borrow one of mine?

Gingers Mom said...

I just haven't been into decorating for fall this year. I don't know why. I am so happy it is finally here. It was SO hot this summer. I never decorate for Halloween but I do fall stuff everywhere normally. I've got the blahs too I guess.

Bex said...

I've decorated a little bit, and we have some Halloween cupcakes (a mix) to make.

I would LOVE to go to a Halloween party, but no one I know is having one. Hub said if we go to one, he wants to go as Dog the Bounty Hunter and me as his wife. Like I can get fake boobs that big!!

Miss Kelly said...

Oh my god, that's frickin' hilarious Bex!
I wanted us to be Hansel & Gretel...but a slightly sexier version...at least of Gretel.

Bex said...

You should do it anyway, Kel. At least then all the preteen boys dressed as "The Scream" will be flocking to "the house with the hot Gretel" giving out mini chocolate bars! Hah!

Anonymous said...

Miss Kelly...I'm not usually a huge Halloween fan (sorry no apostrophe here in the States), and could usually care less...but this year I'm dressing up as a good old fashioned, Whore. :) Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Hansel and Gretel? You mean brother and sister? Sexy? I don't know 'bout that, Kel.

Miss Kelly said...

Gretel can be sexy. Hansel is allowed to have a skanky sister, isn't he?