Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Biggest Loser - Corporate Style

I've recently joined in with a group of 21 others in my office in a weight-loss challenge. We throw in $2 every Friday (started last week, on the 12th) and for 10 weeks we weigh in. The person to lose the most weight in the end wins the pot. I thought to myself: What a great idea! All I need is a little motivation.

I know I won't win, but it's helping me to have this 21-member support network to shed a few extra pounds. Everyone shares their healthy eating and exercise tips and its a great way to bond with some of the people around the office that I don't normally get to chat with.

So last Friday I weighed-in, 2 pounds more than my scale at home has been telling me. And I've had a bit of a rough start. I've been craving potato chips like crazy! In hopes that its just my body wanting cruncy and vinegar-y stuff, I opted for a crisp salad and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Which I just splashed all over myself. Does red vinegar stain?

I'll try to keep posted on my (hopeful) weight loss - although I won't disclose my actual weight on here, I'll note how much I've lost (or gained....a good possibility).

5 comments:

Gingers Mom said...

You go honey! Someone just needs to talk me into putting down the cake and backing away. Then I could join you in your endeavor. I've seen pictures though and you look FABULOUS.

Anonymous said...

I know, Kris! She's all talk. I think she just likes the attention.

You should go for it, Kel. It'll end up being a lot of money, won't it?

Bex said...

What a great idea for an office challenge. Something to keep everyone motivated and healthy. Hmm. You don't need it - but I hope you win anyway!

Miss Kelly said...

You guys are being too nice, but I do need to lose a few. Especially if Adam and I still plan our trip South this Spring.
I weighed in this morning...and, although I didn't lose, I didn't gain either.

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Kelly.

I'm on day 4 of my diet and it's KILLING me. I made the mistake of going to a pub this afternoon and really, pub food, not so much diet material. I had to improvise to stay on track and afterwards I was just sad because everything else sounded so good!

But not being a chunky monkey anymore will be worth it.... I hope.