Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Over the past few years, I've received some interesting home-made gifts from my children. A few have made it to the mantel, some on the coffee table or the fridge and some...well...they've gotten "lost" over the years.

Tonight, I opened a wonderful gift that Olivia made at pre-school. This one will definitely make it to the mantel and be held onto for years and years.

First, there was a card she made with a poem on the front:

My little handprints on the walls
On the mirrors and in the halls
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away
So here's a special gift
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my hands looked
When I was very small

4 comments:

QueenieCarly said...

That kid totally ripped me off! I did that EXACT craft for my mom when I was a kid.

Miss Kelly said...

Does she still have it?

Gingers Mom said...

I got something really similar. It made me cry.

Miss Kelly said...

When I showed my mom, she almost cried and revealed to me that she still has the one my oldest brother made in pre-school.